Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's Time For A "Reinvention Selfie!!!"

Pressed with the dilemma on what to do with my time after working 21 consecutive years within the walls of an elementary school classroom, I pondered what I could do that would be productive and keep me busy at home. As I had always loved plush toys, I decided a great way to keep this "kid at heart" busy would be to open my own eBay Store. By doing so, I would get to "play with toys" as I did with my Kindergartners, meet people who share my interests, and hopefully make money to help pay our bills in the process. Little did I know how much time it would take, but it has been well worth it.

I soon discovered I had a large variety of items to sell with 21 years accumulation of teaching materials, parent and faculty gifts I had saved for "emergencies", thoughtful gifts my students gave me that I could part with, and loads of "things" I purchased for my classroom just because "I had the money" at the time. So, I have begun the very long process of weeding through those treasures. 


My Catalina Island Kindergarten Classroom

Are you a Teacher? I have started downsizing my classroom inventory as there is little hope of having a classroom of my own. You can visit my new eBay Books And Teacher Supply Store where you may find something you need for your Elementary Students. And, you can help out a Laid Off Teacher at the same time!

If you don't see anything the first time, please keep checking back, as I am determined to continue on this path of self reinvention! In case you are interested: For my resume, teaching credentials, more photos of my former classrooms, contact information, etc, please visit www.lindagant.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment