During the coming weeks, I'll be posting some of my thoughts on the effects of the massive California Teacher Layoffs which has occurred over the past four years, displacing over 37,000 teachers who make up over 11% of the total teaching work force in our state!
These topics will include:
- Teaching In A Remote Island Community
- No Child Left Behind as Applied to a Remote Community
- The Role of The Long Beach Unified School District in these Layoffs
- The Devastating Effect on Students in Remote Locales, Such As Catalina Island
- The Unbalanced Structure of Teachers Unions In General
- The Psychological Effect on Teachers Who Love To Teach
- Unemployment Payments Vs. Substitute Teaching
- What Happens When Unemployment Runs Out?
- What Does The Future Hold For New Teachers?
So, please check my blog from time-to-time and feel free to list your comments.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say!